About the Boston Circus Guild
The Boston Circus Guild is a collaborative membership-based organization of over fifty musicians, artists, circus performers, dancers, and event producers from the New England area.
Our mission is to:
Our Leadership Team
Director of Operations
Michael has been managing circus entertainment in the New England area for over 9 years. As Senior Bookings Manager for Boston Circus Guild as well as co-owner and Booking Manager for A Different Spin, he has overseen over $1.5 million in contracts for events. When not performing or managing other circus performers, Michael has also been Production Manager and / or Circus Director for numerous Boston Circus Guild original theatrical / experiential circus productions including those during the organization's residency with the American Repertory Theater. Michael holds a B.A. in Physics from Vassar College.
Ricky is a currently lending his artistic eye to the Boston Circus Guild as their chief Graphic Designer and creative manager. He has been juggling since the age of 10, but fell in love with the circus while studying at Vassar College. Taking the reigns as the "Grand Monkey" of the on-campus circus group The Barefoot Monkeys, Ricky ran rehearsals, managed PR, booked shows and helped grow the membership. Since 2008 he has managed the professional fire spinning group A Different Spin, writing shows, choreography, and running the business. He was there to help the Boston Circus Guild get off the ground back during its inception as a legal entity, and has been enjoying the ride ever since.
Our Core Values
- Community: Build a society where artists can work together for their collective benefit.
- Sustainability: Make responsible financial, safety, and growth decisions.
- Inclusivity: Welcome and respect members and audiences from all backgrounds.
- Excellence: Hold ourselves to high standards of awesomeness.
- Integrity: Communicate with honesty and transparency, maintain artistic quality, and support artists’ wellbeing.
- Creativity: Challenge process and expectations to continuously innovate, and improve both our artistic products and business activities.