About the Boston Circus Guild
The Boston Circus Guild is a collaborative membership-based organization of over fifty musicians, artists, circus performers, dancers, and event producers from the New England area.
Our Mission is to create career opportunities for circus performers, artists and musicians; to create a community of artists and foster the cross pollination of arts and ideas; to entertain, educate, and inspire our audiences; and to encourage people of all ages to engage with the circus arts.
We execute our mission through:
Our Core Values
- Community: Help foster a society in which artists work together for the collective benefit of themselves and their fellow artists, their audiences, and their wider communities. We believe that the partnerships we form with our communities are reciprocal, and that our ability to thrive depends on each other.
Circus is for everyone and is meant to be shared.
- Inclusivity: Welcome and support diverse artists, audiences and community members of all backgrounds. We strive to pursue and support antiracist work in the arts and in our communities. We respect people of every race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, immigration status, gender presentation, sexual orientation, age, ability or disability, socioeconomic class, and veteran status.
Circus is for everyone and is meant to be shared by everyone.
- Integrity: Hold ourselves to the highest standard of excellence, both as artists and as human beings. We value honesty and transparency in communication, mindfulness for our artists’ wellbeing, and respect and kindness for all members of our community, both on and off the stage.
Circus is for everyone and is meant to be shared with respect.
- Curiosity: Push ourselves as artists and creators to challenge expectations, and to constantly improve our artistic presentations, our business practices and the ways in which we connect with our audiences. We value innovation, creativity, and the belief that inspiration can be found in many different styles, voices and stories.
Circus is for everyone and is meant to be shared and to inspire.
- Safety: Demonstrate, encourage and promote high standards of safety, always. We endeavor not only to follow industry safety standards, but also to prioritize the personal safety of our artists, our clients and our communities, especially those whose identities may put them more at risk.
Circus is for everyone and is meant to be shared safely.
Our Leadership Team
Director of Operations and Bookings
Michael has been managing circus entertainment in the New England area for over 10 years. He has worked closely with clients and overseen over $3 million in contracts for events. When not performing or managing other circus performers, Michael has also been Production Manager and/or Circus Director for numerous Boston Circus Guild original theatrical / experiential circus productions, including those during the organization's residency with the American Repertory Theater. Michael holds a B.A. in Physics from Vassar College.